domingo, 18 de septiembre de 2011

Missing coffee!

Less than a month ago, I was in my office preparing myself an exceptional cappuccino, just as any other normal day in my ridiculously coffee based diet. I remember the smell of the fresh grounded coffee beans, those sweet and mellow notes that subconsciously give me a smile. I bear in mind all the blends that I meticulously prepared each Friday afternoon, and then roasted them with particular profiles just to be able to get the most of them; let them rest for a couple of days, with the mystery of how all attributes and qualities are going to be presented to my senses. Then, as the due day came, I refilled my grinder with my new batch and start pulling some espressos, just to adjust my grinder; the first encounter was with that first sip, and if it was good, I prepared my “cap” for the morning. After all this, there I was a month ago in my office enjoying my cappuccino made with only the best beans; knowing that it will be probably the last cup of excellent coffee that I will have for a long time.


Maybe there is not a lot of people who are sharing the same feeling that I have, but you know, when you tasted the best, it is hard to let it go. I am proud of representing the specialty coffee culture, and more particularly the specialty Salvadorian coffees outside of my home country.

One day in a social meeting I said “tasting is not a job is a way of life” and since I have that in mind every aspect of my life has changed.

Now, speaking in present tense, after 4 weeks in Canada I can only say that I really want to be able to get the best coffees of my region to this wonderful people!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario